Our tutors understand how difficult the writing process can be. Use this guide to find helpful tips and resources, and don't forget to visit the tutors!
This guide not only shows a sample paper, but explains the formatting of each section.
1. Answer the question.
2. Take a position that others might challenge or oppose.
3. Avoid vague thesis statements.
4. The essay must support the thesis.
Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn is a great American novel.
Through its contrasting river and shore scenes, Twain’s Huckleberry Finn suggests that to find the true expression of American democratic ideals, one must leave “civilized” society and go back to nature.
1. Write an essay, in which the content does not reflect and develop the topic.
2. Write an essay without an introduction.
3. Write an essay without a thesis.
4. Write a thesis statement that lacks argumentation.
5. Write an essay without a conclusion.
1. Word repetition
2. Inappropriate or informal words or phrases.
3. Using the second person point of view.
4. Beginning sentences with coordinating conjunctions.