Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access to Smarthinking is available to Virtual Campus students and select courses
Virtual College Online Tutoring
All Virtual College students receive online tutoring free of charge! The online tutoring provides students:
- Availability of resources offered in various academic disciplines.
- Online appointment system to communicate live using the virtual whiteboard.
- Connection with professional educators for live, on-demand tutoring.
- Ability to ask questions for feedback or guidance.
- Immediate feedback on essays with a 6-point automatic grading rubric.
- A writing lab to submit essays for tutors to review and provide suggestions
How to Access Smarthinking
- From your Blackboard course homepage, go to the navigational column on the left.
- Look at the section titled, "Tools and Resources".
- Click on the "Smarthinking" link.
- Review the system check with the recommended browsers.
- Then select from any of the four options: Writing Center, Drop-In Tutoring, Scheduled Tutoring, and Offline Questions.
- You may also click on any of the subjects for academic resources.