Interpersonal skills involve getting along with MDC colleagues and students, and community members by communicating effectively, and collaborating productively.
Excellent MDC faculty aspire to:
- Create classroom climates that are inclusive, supportive and conducive to learning.
- Are diplomatic, resolve conflicts, solve problems, and make decisions or take action in respectful and ethical ways.
- Listen thoughtfully to what students and co-workers say; have the courage and openness to change and innovate.
- Work collaboratively, communicate well in teams, and display positive attitudes and flexibility.
- Are available to students and colleagues and are responsive to their needs and concerns; show empathy and compassion.