You need to create an account with EBSCOhost to download electronic books into your mobile devices to read them offline.
How to Create a folder account with EBSCO:
- Click the Sign In link in the top toolbar of EBSCOhost.
- From the Sign In to My EBSCOhost screen, click the Create a new account link.
- The Create a New Account Screen Displays with Personal Account entered in the Account Type field.
- Fill in the fields on the Create a New Account Screen. When your have completed the fields, click Continue.
- If all the information was accepted, a message appears that provides your username and password. Click OK. You will automatically logged in as a personal user. You should note the user name and password you created so you can log in at a future session.
- You need a reader app to be able to read electronic books in your mobile devices, EBSCOhost uses Adobe Digital Editions. This free software can be downloaded at https://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
How to Download an eBook from EBSCO:
- Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to downlad.
- Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
- The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface. If your are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
- Select Open with or Save file from the resulting dialog box.
- If you select Open with, your eBook is opened with Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you select Save file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe Digital Editions at a later time.
- When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe Digital Editions.
For more information, tutorials and steps to transfer eBooks to your mobile device, plese refer to the EBSCO eBooks Libguide, and/or e-Readers, Tablets, Smartphones, and e-Resources Libguide.