Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are eBooks?
- Electronic books (eBooks) are book-length publications in digital form.
- They can be read online or checked out and read offline on computers and mobile devices.
e-Books - General
Content Nation by
Publication Date: 2009-02-10
Find out how social media communications is changing the content-provider industry. Developed through a collaborative wiki, this book is a collection of information from social media experts and serves as an example of how social media impacts the way we provide and receive content. You will learn how social media changes the way businesses market products and services, influences how people interact with the government, and dictates how we communicate with one another on a personal level.
Social Networking by
Publication Date: 2011-02-01
This volume contains reprints of articles, excerpts from books, transcripts from speeches, and studies of social trends in the United States and other countries. These sources provide background information and discussion from various points of view that illuminate the subject of social networking. This work traces its history, weighing its pros and cons, and raising some of the key questions that the 2010 film The Social Network asks us to consider.
Social Networking by
Publication Date: 2011-01-01
Social networking has quickly become a popular method of communication, especially among teenagers and young adults. While previous generations of teenagers relied mainly on the telephone as a way to stay in contact with their friends, today's teenagers can use cell phones, instant messaging, text messaging, and social networks online to maintain almost constant contact with their friends. But what are the positive and negative aspects of social networking, and how has it changed society?
Share This! by
Publication Date: 2010-06-14
Longtime political tech geek Deanna Zandt examines social networks with a wide-angle lens, getting past the hype and going right to the bottom line: their rich potential for advancing positive change. She illustrates how sharing builds trust and empathy, explains the need for authenticity, offers advice for both individuals and organizations--and shows you how to have some fun along the way
Social Networking by
Publication Date: 2011-02-01
Such'social networking'websites as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter have revolutionized communication, changing the ways in which friends stay in touch, companies advertise products, and politicians reach voters, to name but three of their uses. This collection of articles traces the evolution of social networking, considering both its usefulness and potential dangers.
e-Books - Business & Marketing
Social Media Marketing by
Publication Date: 2012-02-13
Social media expert Dave Evans bypasses theory to provide you with practical, hands-on advice on developing, implementing, and measuring social media marketing campaigns. In what can be an overwhelming topic, he demystifies the jargon, dispels the myths, and helps you develop an effective, day-by-day plan.
How to Find a Job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and Other Social Networks by
Publication Date: 2010-01-01
A career guide to finding work by using the power of social networking, this up-to-date reference helps readers fully exploit all the major on-line job-hunting tools out there, taking the reader step by step through the processes of marketing themselves, connecting with employers, building a network of business contacts, and getting recommendations. It also shows how to build contacts and find new leads.
The New Social Learning by
Publication Date: 2010-09-13
Co-authored by ASTD President and CEO Tony Bingham, and long-time workplace educator and Fast Company business writer Marcia Conner, this book shows readers how social media can help trainers and workers increase their knowledge, innovate faster than their competitors, and enjoy themselves in a way that increases their commitment to their employer and to the customers they ultimately serve.
Public Relations and the Social Web by
Publication Date: 2009-04-03
Social media is becoming part of the fabric of our lives, and its effect on public relations is the single biggest topic of conversation in the PR industry. Rob Brown explores the way the internet is changing the field of communications and looks at the implications for a range of fields, from entertainment to politics. It examines emerging public relations practices in the digital environment - including blogs, wikis, RSS, social networking, and SEO - and shows readers how digital public relations campaigns can be structured.
30-Minute Social Media Marketing by
Publication Date: c2011
BIG PRESENCE isn't just for BIG COMPANIES anymore! A social media marketing handbook for small business owners on the go
Social media has opened the door to anyone who wants to promote themselves--including small businesses. Designed specifically for busy small business owners, this book puts you on the fast track to maximizing your business's visibility and generating profits—regardless of the size of your marketing budget or the time you have to devote to it.
Social Business by Design by
Publication Date: 2012-05-01
begins by exploring how the social, cultural, and technological trends provoked by the social media explosion are transforming the business environment. From this big picture view, the book then steps down to closely analyze the various tools of social media strategy: social media marketing, social product development, crowdsourcing, social customer research management, and more.
Download to Computer/Laptop
You need to create an account with EBSCOhost to download electronic books into your mobile devices to read them offline.
How to Create a folder account with EBSCO:
- Click the Sign In link in the top toolbar of EBSCOhost.
- From the Sign In to My EBSCOhost screen, click the Create a new account link.
- The Create a New Account Screen Displays with Personal Account entered in the Account Type field.
- Fill in the fields on the Create a New Account Screen. When your have completed the fields, click Continue.
- If all the information was accepted, a message appears that provides your username and password. Click OK. You will automatically logged in as a personal user. You should note the user name and password you created so you can log in at a future session.
- You need a reader app to be able to read electronic books in your mobile devices, EBSCOhost uses Adobe Digital Editions. This free software can be downloaded at https://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
How to Download an eBook from EBSCO:
- Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to downlad.
- Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
- The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface. If your are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
- Select Open with or Save file from the resulting dialog box.
- If you select Open with, your eBook is opened with Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you select Save file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe Digital Editions at a later time.
- When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe Digital Editions.
For more information, tutorials and steps to transfer eBooks to your mobile device, plese refer to the EBSCO eBooks Libguide, and/or e-Readers, Tablets, Smartphones, and e-Resources Libguide.