Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Search for Books and eBooks in the Catalog
- Go to https://www.mdc.edu/learning-resources/.
- Click on Advanced Library Search.
- Narrow the Material Type to Books or e-Books.
- Limit Within to the particular campus library you would like to search.
- Type your keyword(s) in the empty box(es).
- Click on Search.
- Write down the Call Number (e.g. JK1021.C565 2008) for the book, to find it in the library. Or for an eBook, click View Online and log in with your MDC username and password.
Library of Congress Classification
Books are arranged in the library according to the Library of Congress Classification.
Each book has a call number, which is derived from this classification.
|A - General Works||M - Music|
|B - Philosophy, Psychology, Religion||N - Fine Arts|
|C - Auxiliary Sciences of History||P - Language and Literature|
|D - History (General and European)||Q - Science|
|E - History of the Americas||R - Medicine|
|F - History of the Americas||S - Agriculture|
|G - Geography||T - Technology|
|H - Social Sciences||U - Military Science|
|J - Political Science||V - Naval Science|
|K - Law||Z - Bibliography, Library Science|
|L - Education|
~ Click the following link for the detailed Library of Congress Classification Outline.