Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Access to the Manual
RedShelf is providing online access to the APA Manual until May 25, 2020. You have to create a free user account using an .edu email address.
APA Style Blog
Official companion to the APA Style Manual. Posts respond to common questions.
APA Style and Grammar Guidelines
Guidance on various aspects of an APA style paper: paper format, grammar, bias-free language, tables & figures, in-text citations, references, and research & publication.
Search for complete citation information. Locate DOIs.
Use cautiously. Double-check results. You may need to make corrections.
This is a free tool that helps create in-text citations and reference page citations.
Transitioning from 6th to 7th Edition
- Visit https://mdc.mywconline.net.
- Register for an account using the MDC email.
- Once the account is created, log in.
- Click on a white square for the desired appointment date, time, and tutor.
- A new window will pop up asking for information about the course, professor, and assignment.
- Make sure to choose your file to download /attach your paper. (*If you haven't completed your paper at the time of making the appointment, you can always attach it later. To do so, click on your appointment slot and select “Edit Appointment” and choose your file to attach. It takes PDF and Word documents.)
- Click Create Appointment at the bottom of the window.
- You should receive a confirmation email for the appointment.
- At the designated date and time, visit https://libraryguides.mdc.edu/BbLTutoring to meet with the tutor.