Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Teaching Information Literacy & Research Skills
You can help your students develop effective research skills--information literacy--in the following ways:
- Schedule a classroom session with a librarian.
- Embed a librarian in your class.
- Require appointments with the librarians.
- Develop challenging research assignments with a librarian's help.
- Develop a LibGuide tailored to your class.
- Link LIS2004 to your course as a Learning Community.
- Advertise and use the MDC Learning Resources Facebook page.
To speak to a librarian about developing assignments, creating a LibGuide or having someone embedded in your course, contact your campus library.
Writing tutors are available online by scheduling an appointment.
To schedule a tutoring appointment, please go to https://mdc.mywconline.net
Designing Research Assignments