Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Find Articles in Databases
The simplest way of searching for articles is:
- Go to the library web page.
- Type in a keyword phrase on the main search box.
If you want a more specific search, do the following:
- Go to the Library web page.
- Click on Articles / Databases.
- Click on Databases by Subject or Databases A-Z.
- In the top box, select "Miami Dade College" from the drop-down menu. Enter your Borrower ID (student ID) and PIN (last 4 digits of student ID).
- Choose a category of a database. For example, "General," "News and Current Events," "Reference Shelf" and "Social Sciences."
- Choose a database.
- In the search box, enter your search terms.
- Click on Full Text and "Peer Reviewed" (optional).
- Press "Enter" or "Search."
- Click on any one of your results. Notice the "abstract" (summary) and "full-text article."
- Look for the word "Cite or Citation" on the top or side of the article, or scroll down to the bottom to see if the article has a citation.