Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ALA International Games Week
"International Games Week is an initiative run by volunteers from around the world to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games."
Games and Gaming Round Table (GameRT)
"The Games and Gaming Round Table (GameRT) of the American Library Association provides a venue for librarians interested in the use of games and gaming in libraries of all types a place to gather and share."
Partnering with campus departments, staff, and clubs:
- Student Life for support – after the first IGW, our Student Life director included IGW in her annual budget and dedicated funds to IGW which we used on refreshments, catering, promotion, giveaways, and prizes
- Media – included interested staff from the department in our meetings, great ideas and connections were shared, increased interest and involvement
- Citrus counselor – participated in discussion panel highlighting the psychological aspects of the game featured in the Live Let’s Play
- Faculty – English and Psychology faculty, member of the IGW team, included programming and gamified instructions in class, participated in Live Let’s Play discussion panel
- Student Clubs – Tendai Kaisho (anime club), key students from the club were part of the IGW team helping with staffing, leading, and planning the events, student involvement led to increased participation and attendance
Collect notes at each event for a feedback survey ALA requests: