Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is a Digital Commons?
What is Digital Commons?
Digital Commons is Miami Dade College's institutional repository. It is a showcase for research, scholarship, and creative work by members of the MDC community, including historical materials from MDC's Wolfsonian Archives.
What can you find in Digital Commons?
||Audio and Video
How can you add your work to Digital Commons?
MDC's Librarians can help with uploading files, providing metadata, and researching copyright issues.
Benefits of a Digital Commons
Why contribute to Digital Commons?
When you upload a work to Digital Commons, you'll receive a stable web address that you can add to your CV, résumé, or portfolio. You can log in to the Digital Commons site to see how often your works are being viewed. Once your work is in the site, it's easy for others to find it in Google, Summon and other search engines.
Digital Commons for faculty
- Increases the visibility of your research
- Improves rankings for your articles in Google and Google Scholar
- Provides opportunities for collaboration outside of academia
- Makes articles published in multiple journals available in a single location
Digital Commons for students
- Makes research available outside of academia, including to potential employers
- Allows students view past work by graduates of their program
- Provides a stable online home for your work, even after you graduate
Digital Commons for Miami Dade College
- Promotes the research opportunities available to MDC students and the research interests of MDC faculty
- Supports MDC’s social justice mission by making research freely available to researchers around the world
- Provides access to MDC research in a single location, offering an opportunity for branding