Brainstorm Ideas and Review
Prepare – Build Your Team and Resources
- Research what organizations are already working on your issue, what they are doing, what gaps there might be, how you might partner with them, and online resources to make sure your Commitment idea is meeting a real need.
- Complete the MDC CGI U Project Design Template.
- Find a faculty or a community sponsor who will support the development of your Commitment to Action idea and your application.
- Set up a meeting with your campus iCED office to review your Commitment to Action idea.
- Begin drafting your Commitment to Action application.
- Use the application rubric to help you revise your draft.
- Submit draft to iCED at least one month before the CGI U deadline (we anticipate applications being due to CGI U by late February 2023).
- Schedule an appointment for a one-on-one review with iCED.
- Submit an iCED-approved application to CGI U at www.cgiu.org.
Download this Checklist here.