Skip to Main Content
- What is a helping relationship?
- What are your roles as a helper?
- How is helping an educational process?
- What types of things might you have to help a tutee learn/unlearn?
- Why do you want to be a tutor? What is your motivation?
- What are some roadblocks to effective learning?
- What are some study processes (part of the hidden curriculum) that might affect a tutee’s ability to learn the topical knowledge (overt curriculum)?
- To whom/what office would you refer a tutee who:
- Needs help with an assignment that neither one of you completely understands?
- Tells you she is feeling depressed?
- Thinks she might be dyslexic?
- Wants help with choosing a career/major?
- In what situation(s) should you reach out to your supervisor for help?
- What strategies can you use to help a tutee move from competent to confident?