Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- What is a helping relationship?
- What are your roles as a helper?
- How is helping an educational process?
- What types of things might you have to help a tutee learn/unlearn?
- Why do you want to be a tutor? What is your motivation?
- What are some roadblocks to effective learning?
- What are some study processes (part of the hidden curriculum) that might affect a tutee’s ability to learn the topical knowledge (overt curriculum)?
- To whom/what office would you refer a tutee who:
- Needs help with an assignment that neither one of you completely understands?
- Tells you she is feeling depressed?
- Thinks she might be dyslexic?
- Wants help with choosing a career/major?
- In what situation(s) should you reach out to your supervisor for help?
- What strategies can you use to help a tutee move from competent to confident?